Hydraulic Designer / Engineer
Location: North Sydney
- Great team environment
- Learn and embrace the property and construction industry
- Convenient North Sydney location – close to public transport
A great opportunity for a junior to intermediate designer or engineer to join our team and assist in the delivery of projects and hydraulic services across a variety of scopes. With 1-3 years’ experience, you’ll join at the right time and experience all the benefits of working with a motivated and respected engineering consultancy. Necessary to succeed in this role you have strong Hydraulic design understanding, team and delivery focused attitude and wiliness to learn.
- Have 1 - 3 years of experience working as a Hydraulic designer within a building services environment.
- Your trade experience is a significant advantage
- Knowledge of Australian Standards for Plumbing and Drainage, Stormwater, Gas, Hydrants and Hose Reels.
- Have the ability to complete design and analysis of water, waste, stormwater for the construction industry; with strong knowledge of local building codes and standards
- Are a team player with excellent communication skills, especially client facing
- Can demonstrate strong technical skills including Hyena, Microsoft suite particularly Excel, Bluebeam
- Think innovatively about design solutions
- Are confident in your strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have continually proven your organisation and time management skills
- Knowledge of Revit is preferred (willing to learn)
About the role
- Carrying out assigned hydraulic engineering activities including design, calculations and modelling/drafting
- Assist project team members in everyday tasks
- Attend client meetings/site inspections
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and quality
- Ensuring work is carried out in accordance with applicable codes and standards, and company procedures.
- Ensuring all interfaces (inter-discipline, client, implementation, vendor, etc.) are identified and managed in the execution of all projects
- Managing assigned work to meet project needs and proactively working with other team members to ensure that project goals are met
BSE is an established, reputable consulting engineering, 100% Australian owned and operated with a range of expertise spanning the entire building project's life cycle. Established in 1994, we've built a proven track record of success in all Australian states and territories.
We deliver consulting building services engineering services for a broad range of projects. Our focus is delivering outstanding results to our clients and business partners.
Our way of working is epitomised through True Partnership, specialist meets generalist philosophy, bottom line sustainability and design-led engineering. Learn more about us at www.bse.com.au.
- Provide a CV and cover letter “written in your own words” demonstrating your suitability addressed to BSE.
- Reference SHYD0418 in your cover letter
- Apply by emailing email@example.com directly
No agencies please.