BSE have recently been appointed to provide the engineering services consultancy to redevelop the existing heritage building located at 284-292 Pitt Street, Sydney. International House was originally constructed in 1907 and has historical significance as the home for over 50 years of Bennett and Wood, a well-known Sydney supplier of motor cycles and parts. The building currently consists of 7.5 storeys and 1 level of basement and the works entail retaining the existing structure and refurbishment of the existing levels plus the construction of approximately 7 additional storeys.
The existing structure and services are to be exposed as part of the works and all existing services are to be retained. In addition to this, various internal columns, sandstone lintels and external facade are to be sandblasted to highlight and complement the heritage nature of the existing building.
The proposed extension will have a modern look to create delineation between the heritage podium and additional floors for a mix of old and new.
BSE will deliver all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic fire and vertical transport services for the design and engineering, advice and support during construction, and we look forward to collaborating with the project team to realise an exceptional outcome.