Senior Fire Protection Designer / Engineer
Location: North Sydney
- Great team environment
- Learn and embrace the property and construction industry
- Convenient North Sydney location – close to public transport
A great opportunity for a senior engineer to join our team and assist in the delivery of projects and fire protection services across a variety of scopes. With 6+ years’ experience, you’ll join at the right time and experience all the benefits of working with a motivated and respected engineering consultancy. Necessary to succeed in this role you have strong fire services design understanding, team and delivery focused attitude and wiliness to learn.
- Have 6 – 10+ years of Australian experience working as a fire protection/ services designer within a building services environment
- Your trade experience is a significant advantage
- Knowledge of the Building Code of Australia, NFPA and Australian Standards for Fire Sprinkler systems, Fire hydrant systems, fire detection and alarm systems.
- Have the ability to complete design and analysis of fire safety systems (sprinklers, hydrants, detection and alarm systems) for the construction industry; with strong knowledge of local building codes and standards including compliance with local fire brigades
- Can complete designs, spatials, calculations, modelling, specifications and reports
- Capable of project leading and is able to assist with training of junior staff members
- Are a team player with excellent communication skills, especially client facing
- Can demonstrate strong technical skills including Hyena, Microsoft suite particularly Excel, Bluebeam
- Think innovatively about design solutions
- Are confident in your strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have continually proven your organisation and time management skills
- Competent in REVIT and Bluebeam
About the role
- Carrying out assigned fire protection engineering activities including design, calculations and modelling/drafting
- Assist project team members in everyday tasks
- Attend client meetings/site inspections
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and quality
- Ensuring work is carried out in accordance with applicable codes and standards, and company procedures.
- Ensuring all interfaces (inter-discipline, client, implementation, vendor, etc.) are identified and managed in the execution of all projects
- Managing assigned work to meet project needs and proactively working with other team members to ensure that project goals are met
BSE is an established, reputable consulting engineering, 100% Australian owned and operated with a range of expertise spanning the entire building project's life cycle. Established in 1994, we've built a proven track record of success in all Australian states and territories.
We deliver consulting building services engineering services for a broad range of projects. Our focus is delivering outstanding results to our clients and business partners.
Our way of working is epitomised through True Partnership, specialist meets generalist philosophy, bottom line sustainability and design-led engineering. Learn more about us at www.bse.com.au.
- Provide a CV and cover letter “written in your own words” demonstrating your suitability addressed to BSE.
- Reference SFIR0518 in your cover letter
- Apply by emailing email@example.com directly
No agencies please.
BSE celebrates diversity and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All recruitment and employment decisions are made based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. BSE encourages all applicants who meet the selection criteria to apply.